Tuesday, March 13, 2007

It Takes an Act of God

Getting things done at work lately feels like it could take an act of God. If I could just stem the extra mini projects and inquiry calls, I might be able to do my job instead of getting items to vendors by the skin of my teeth.

Breaks have become a luxury, but I do not compromise on lunch often since the mental break from work is essential in keeping the efficiency sustained in the afternoon. Today, I enjoyed lunch with Tawnyia, Jeff and their son. Having parents like T&J make for son who is an independent thinker with an evil-fun sense of humor. I sat in the back of the vehicle with their son and had a ball with off-color jokes. Tawnyia did have to shut us up...killjoy. Ha!

IMs with Yummy in the last hour of work cheered me completely. He's been experiencing the same fun at work as I have so we bemoaned our respective jobs to each other. It is quite nice to be able to unload the day's woes on someone who cares about you. I am delighted to be able to extended the same back.

A call to my sister at the hospital yielded positive news that she is on the mend and has to spend one more day in the hospital before she can go home. My niece and nephew were anxious to have their mother home. Her twin has been visiting twice a day which is great. Although they are identical twins, they are quite different in temperament and often don't get along since they are busy trying to outdo one another, more like trying to be unique. It's difficult living in the same area; they get mistaken for each other even now in their 40s that their physical differences are more pronounced...

I did get to eat the sour soup (using a tamarind mix) I made the night before over jasmine rice. The baby bok choy, eggplant and green beans were divine along with the bits of pork riblets I bought at the Asian store to flavor it. Other people have 'macaroni and cheese' for comfort food, I have Filipino soup. Sometimes being half Filipino just really rocks and it was definitely an act of God to get me that way. Yay God!!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: