Sunday, March 18, 2007

Bistro and Beauty

Happy Sunday! It was indeed a very happy one filled with people I care about and a lot of laughter even a little driving around the extended city of Trampa.

Picked up Tawny at her home at 11am and stopped for coffee to get us started before we made our way to my cousin Ida's on the other side of town. She needed some IT expertise; her Internet connection was not working properly.

It is not often I get my family and friends together. I am very protective of my family. Tawny is like a sister to me so I didn't mind finally introducing her to my cousin and her family. This was the first opportunity to do so. The twins also enjoyed meeting someone new.

Tawny was able to diagnose the technical problem much better than I ever could. Ida needs the tech to come back and properly connect their cable modem. We called and made the appointment the next day for her before leaving to pick up my aunt.

My aunt decided to take her own trip before we left her house....in front of her house, falling on the grass, thank God. I nearly had a heart attack watching her fall, but she didn't fall on the pavement. After making sure she was okay and didn't sprain an ankle or break a hip, Tawny and I helped her up and cleaned her clothes from the leaves on the ground. (I received an update this evening and she is still okay. Whew!)

Lunch was enjoyed at the Gallery Eclectic Bistro in the Bay Street section of International Plaza. The food and the company were great. We giggled and told stories. My aunt hasn't seen Tawny in a while so they enjoyed catching up when they were not tormenting me.

The doors gleamed a bright welcome when we arrived at Sephora. My aunt was soon hooked up with her own BareMinerals kit and a new blush as well as nail polish and this scary yet fascinating mascara called Lash Injection by Too Faced that promises extreme volume. All were presents from her daughter Angie and me. Tawny and I didn't come away empty-handed either. Are you kidding?

All this decision-making required a little treat so I took the girls on the other side of town at La Casa Dolce for gelato. We spent an extra 15 minutes trying to find it since I forgot the street it was on, but managed a hard turn into the parking lot at the back. Sigh. The girls tormented me some more. It is after all their favorite activity...wenches.

We brought my aunt home, picked some calamondin (Filipino lime) from the bush at the back of her house and made our way back to Trampa proper where I dropped Tawny back home around 6:40pm. I hustled home to let Cabal out, feed him and make it on time for my call with Yummy. It was great to hear his voice and end my weekend with him.

(As a side note, I saw that Yummy updated his blog and mentioned me coming over to England to visit him. I can't wait!)
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: