Saturday, March 31, 2007

Aah, Rested

Got home yesterday a bit out of sorts, but a quick dinner accompanied by a wickedly cold bottle of Corona hit the spot...and a quick talk to Yummy before he went to bed.

More of a fresh start today. Woke up at norm time so I could take care of the dog and be on time for Saturday morning skype with Yummy at 5am. What a lovely way to wake up and start the day! Yummy and a tall cup of hot jasmine green tea...

Felt like a short nap mid-morning and just spent some time catching up on the innernet. Almost logged into work to do some, but thought better of it. Might wait until tomorrow so I can hook up a second monitor for easier maneuvering of screens. Why didn't I get the who-gives-a-frig gene? It must be a mental disease to be this conscientious of work. Must look into it.

Spent the evening taking care of Nan while my aunt and uncle enjoyed the rare evening out. I always enjoy spending time with the old gal. She is extra sweet. To my surprise during my Nan visit, I received a cell call from Yummy after he enjoyed an evening out with his best friend Anton to see Alice Russell perform locally. They called me on the way to a pub. Even got to talk to Anton for the first time who seemed really fun and introduced himself as the "nice one".

Nan and I ate dinner together and I regaled her with some funny stories that had her howling with laughter. At 93, maybe it is not a good idea for me to make her laugh so hard. Wouldn't want "she died from laughter" to have a whole new meaning. I managed to stifle myself for the rest of the meal when guilt kicked in.

Had a nice IM with Yummy when he got home. Had to keep an eye on Nan while we talked. As sweet as she is, she can be sneaky and fast on her walker. Zooming about before you realize what she's up to. I answer her questions patiently and reassure her. She tends to ask the same questions at least thrice in the evening. I just smile and make sure she's okay.

I hope I have someone like me when I am her age if I make it. My goddaughter knows she is my retirement plan. She already knows the specifics of what I require which are extensive. Rather agreeable to everything, but then again she's only turning 15 this year. Still time to mold. Ha!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: