Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Smooth Operator

I'd probably rather like the smell of napalm in the morning better than being dragged into a meeting with my boss first thing and continuing with a conference call in his office he thought I should attend. Coffee? I need coffee first, Mr. Boss! You won't like it if I don't have coffee.

To top that I somehow screwed up a purchase order in the system so Accounting will not have their additional equipment FedEx'd tomorrow. The PO was stuck in Oracle Space. I called three different experts and of course: Oh, Sarah, I've never had that problem before. Not sure how you handle that. Maybe you should open a ticket. That was an internal trouble ticket I didn't enjoy creating because I do not want a certain bastard to work it and have to suffer communicating with him to resolve my issue. Aargh.

With so much fun before noon, I decided to try and eat a solitary lunch. Yeah, that worked like a charm. I was soon swarmed with people and chatter. This is one of the hazards of having an extra sociable demeanor, you can't get away when you want. I decided to think about my staff meeting at 2:30pm since I was in for a pound. (Passed the pennies in the morning.)

I received an e-mail later in the day from Accounting about another item being audited and they needed the information that day. Words like urgent and imperative were bandied about. Well, God bless America! They couldn't ask earlier...like yesterday?

Benny Hill theme starting playing late in the afternoon. It was my cellphone with the name 1Yummy identifying the caller. Talk about the nicest surprise! Yummy was walking in London on his way to The Tube. I heard the announcements blaring once he boarded. He's called that kind of call an aural postcard because it is just not him calling, but also the sounds of where he is filtering in the background. We continued our conversation at home through skype. Our voices sound a little different (cellphones vs. microphones)...

Talked to Angie for a bit and she reminded me to call her mother to make plans for her birthday. I ended up finalizing plans for my aunt's birthday breakfast for Saturday that turned into a birthday dinner. My uncle was golfing the first half of the day and my aunt had Filipino food orders to fulfill by noon.

My aunt foiled my plans of breakfast and kidnapping her to Sephora so I can assist her in picking out the proper shades for her own BareEscentuals starter kit, a present from her daughter. So now Sunday will be used for that part of the gift. Swirl, Tap and Buff -- it is catching on!

I was still keyed up so I called Tawnyia to check up on her and she was okay but showing her husband some craft thing online. Hung up with her and talked to my friend from work, Jill. Why was I dialing all these people? We yapped for a long time until my stomach rumbled from lack of dinner. It was 10pm.

Sour soup for me again which I just love so no sacrifice there then to bed after blogging. Not a good step, but I was spent. Tomorrow will be another delightful day, I'm sure.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: