Sunday, March 11, 2007

It's Only an Hour

It was indeed a Happy Sunday today as the US moved their clocks forward one hour later for Daylight Saving Time. The legislature elected to pass a bill to move observing DST three weeks earlier to conserve energy or so they say. Spring forward. I sprung up from bed with a little zing and became obsessed with switching all the clocks...

The roads were empty when I took an early drive to the bank to get cash for my nail appointment later in the day. I even stopped at the Dunkin' Donut's drive-thru for some killer coffee and a buttermilk donut. Got home in time to watch the CBS's Sunday magazine for a potpourri of art, news, science and human interest. Gotta love Bill Geist segments!

My nail salon was also near empty. I walked in and was waited on right away. I kept my French manicure even though I yearned for this Cherri Melon color. Good thing I didn't go yesterday, it was a madhouse.

I made a pilgrimage to Wal-Mart for sundry items. Don't know about you, but I can troll around this joint for an hour and fill up my cart. Yes, I did do that. It was less crowded, too. This time change must be really working people's nerves, losing an hour and all.

My trip to the Asian store was saved for last. I had a secret wish to buy an already cooked fish from their deli counter. Lucky me, they had two left and I pointed to it and bought one nicely prepared whole tilapia. There is something empowering about buying a whole fish. This one had been pan-fried and seasoned with ginger, scallions, green and red peppers, and some sauce that was not sweet this time around. It was enough for two indulgent mini feasts.

Taking in my treasures made for a few trips to and from the car. Had a snack while I watched 'Hometeam' where they give homes to deserving families. It was an 8 in the feelgood scale...I got back online and talked to Yummy. He took himself to a David Lynch movie playing in his town, but it creeped him out on the way home.

I didn't feel the normal disorientation with springing forward one hour for DST. Not sure why. I was glad because the day was sunny and gorgeous, the temperature on the cool side of warm. Smiles all day.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: