Thursday, March 29, 2007

Invoices Are Not My Thoughts

AGOL is the last person to come to when it comes to working anything fiscal. I'd rather do something sacrificial like to go without make-up or eat something vile like Spaghetti-Os or anything Chef Boyardee...or better yet, have chips and dip out for enjoyment at a gathering. I need to stop thinking these horrible things or I will have nightmares tonight.

Spent the whole day researching old invoices and purchase orders. I was suddenly dragged into an afternoon meeting where my boss let me drive the conversation which I basically led by the seat of my pants. Unbelievable. I ended up saving us money and making the vendor work for us by re-submitting invoices that we corrected over the phone.

IM'ed with Yummy late at work which cheered me completely until I found myself staying another hour waiting for a new Senior VP to get off the phone to approve something by using my laptop to log into the application. His own machine was missing some sort of protocol and would not accept the e-mail approvals he was trying to send.

I've never really spoken to him before, but I liked his vibe well enough. Watching him use Binaca behind me, his reflection appearing on front my cube panel, was a little creepy, but I dashed the thoughts and settled for him being considerate.

On the way home, I spoke to Myrna who is seeing her mother tonight at her uncle's home. She's been visiting a few days from Ohio. I also chatted with my forever autumn friend Kathy who is such a nice gal. Told her two bee jokes from Yummy which she enjoyed. She likes that kind of humor.

Grooved to this earlier at work thanks to Mr. Y:
Alice Russell singing "Hurry On Now"
Share/Save/Bookmark

7 comments:

Peter Kenny said...

Hello Sprinkles. By "that kind of humour" I'm certain you mean incredibly funny. For bee jokes are, as you know, among the funniest of all jokes. Second only, in world joke rankings, to talking dog jokes which are the best of all jokes.

Yummy.

Unknown said...

I thought we revoked your license to tell jokes after the ghosty jokes at Halloween? :)

helloagol said...

Well, Yummy-honey...I am very sure that what I meant. Wink.

Here's doggie one to make it up to you:

A three-legged dog walks into a bar and says, "I'm looking for the man who shot my paw..."


Sprinkles xx

helloagol said...

Which one Tawny? This one?

Q - Why can't ghosts have babies?

A - Because they have hollow weenies!

...I LOVE that one -- it is a classic!

Kathy B said...

Tawnyia... every day is Halloween.. :) The ghost joke is a classic though - never really gets old.

I'll share the joke I told AGOL last night - A duck and a chicken have dinner. Who pays?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The duck... he already has the bill.


TGIF!!

Peter Kenny said...

Sorry pet, but that was a paw joke.

I still think my favourite bee joke is this:

Q: What is the world's most dangerous insect?

A: The hepatitis bee.

As for ducks... How do you turn a duck into a legend of soul?

Put it in a microwave till it's Bill Withers.

helloagol said...

Good grief! Um...have I told you that you are sooooooo good lookin'?

Not sayin' anything, baby, just... sayin'.