Sunday, March 25, 2007

Estou Bem, Obrigada

My Sunday did get better. I even learned a few words in Portuguese so I could reply to a comment on the previous entry. Close to Spanish and French but still no cigar.

I updated all my e-mails and another Internet site that has been needing attention which made me feel much better and connected again. The weeks have been passing by so quickly that some people haven't been updated unless they already have a link to this blog...

My toes and nails match color today thanks to a very nice and relaxing salon visit. I used to think that getting my nails done was a necessary evil for overall grooming, but now it is a good way to get pampered. I give all week and it's nice to be waited on even if it is every two weeks. What color? Cheri Melon (bright watermelon red). If you gals opt for a French mani, your toes should always be some kind of bright red or pink. It is an AGOL rule.

Stopped at the Chinese restaurant next door from the salon and then promptly to the gas station to fill up for the week. My tank was reaching vapor levels. I remember in Wyoming when gasoline was $0.76/gal. Currently it is $2.55/gal at the Trampa station I visited. Yes, it could be worse in Europe and in places like California (hello Angie!). Still.

Yummy heard me enjoying some of my Chinese food while he told me about his afternoon in London visiting an old friend. It was one of those where you're not excited to go, but you go anyway since your friend asked you and you're already hooked for the invite. I don't like those myself, but you do it anyway. What are friends for?

We talked for a bit until it was time for him to go to bed. He had asked how my salon visit went, but I had to go and take it to the Drag Queen Level of conversation. I tortured the poor man with a dissertation on the greatness of my new mascara and how I can now start applying it again on the bottom lashes after 'a decade of no bottom mascara application'. Laughter and resignation. Yup, that's what Yummy had to add. Soon after it was time for some serious shuteye or Mr. Grumpy shows up. I can't wait to meet Mr. Grumpy or was that Mr. Crabby? Either one will be a pleasure to chat with, I'm sure. Wink.

PS For clarification: I am not a real Drag Queen, but I play one on TV. Ha!

Portuguese: Estou Bem, Obrigada (I'm okay, thank you)
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: