Friday, November 16, 2007

Tawny Really Cooks!

Hustled to get things done before I left Bridget to sort everything else by herself next week before the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, including training her on two new things. She'll be more than fine next week, but I am not sure how she will fare on participating on an outdoor jello wrestling event tonight. The temperature has been brazenly cooler for Tampa. Yes, I did say jello. Will it help that it is raising money for a good cause? (Wink!)

Thanksgiving Day or Turkey Day is Thursday of next week. I decided back in early July to take the three days preceding so I would have a full week off. My company has Thursday and Friday off, making it a four-day weekend. Now your AGOL is off a whole week with no real plans. I didn't get off my duff and plan an LA trip. My dance card is starting to fill up though; hopefully, I won't be so anxious about the unstructured time. Eek!

Received my invite from Sandy and Mark's Christmas party this afternoon via e-mail. Kathy and I usually go as each other's date; Jamie never attends with Kathy. Depending on how things go, this may be the last year Kathy and I attend. The attendees are mostly married couples with children of varying ages whom we cannot relate to at the moment or was that the last seven years we've been going? I must remember to make the Famous AGOL Rum Cake. I cannot enter the house without it. It has become a tradition for "the cake lady" to bring it.

Joined Tawny and Jeff at their apartment tonight for dinner with their two sons. I happily toddled over from my apartment to theirs across the complex. We had a tasty meal of salad and lasagna with garlic bread. Mind you, this is the first time I have had a warm meal served and cooked by Tawny at her house in the almost 10 years I have known her. Yes, we've prepared meals at British Jeff's house, but that doesn't count and the other meals I have had at her old house were either sandwiches we assembled or Jeff cooked.

There was almost one meal earlier in the year when her mother visited, but several people in her house caught a flu bug so my visit was nixed for fear of me catching it, too. She brought me some of the meal she had prepared for them, but it wasn't technically served at the table and I had to reheat it. I've teased her over the years that she really can't cook which of course is not true. She has acted as my sous chef at the parties I have given over the years. I normally love to cook and entertain so I always invite them. Haven't felt the love for cooking and entertaining lately.

In an unprecedented history of events, I will be having another warm meal at Tawny's on Thanksgiving Day. I am allowed to bring a bowl of jasmine rice so I may have it with gravy as is my tradition. I'll bring enough for everyone just in case. Might get teased over the potato offerings, but I can handle it.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: