Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Two Days in a Row

Damn. Two days in a row of being a lazy daisy. Dig it. Totally dig it.

Myrna's mother called me to let me know that they were going to be late picking me up for lunch. She was held up at the hospital with her dad who was having an outpatient procedure. I finally got my call that they were on their way a few hours later making our lunch date a very late lunch/early dinner. I treated the girls at my favorite restaurant across town for an Italian chowdown. Oh, calamari! This place is consistent and I just love it.

Towards the end of our meal, Myrna's mom had me look at some pictures to read. I felt like a bug under a microscope with both of them looking at me expectantly. When I relaxed into it, I was able to pick up a few things. It was interesting.

Stopped at this Asian Gift Shop that had just opened up. I wasn't sure what to expect besides most things being made in China. The Chinese guy talked up a storm on his products of crystal encrusted hair clips and jewelry. He also had a slew of knock-off bags. In my early 20s, I sold Louis Vuitton handbags/luggage and seeing the fakes being sold still gives me the same bitter taste it did years ago.

We then made it to the super grocery for some leftover Thanksgiving dinner shopping for Myrna. We giggled the whole time. I was just nuts in the store; my impish side came out. Bought some peppermint ice cream for my hot chocolate...The rest of the evening was spent in a quiet night in after they dropped me off. Yum.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: