Saturday, November 17, 2007

LQ: High Regard

Romantic love is a passionate spiritual-emotional-sexual attachment between a man and a woman that reflects a high regard for the value of each other's person.

- Nathaniel Branden

...Saw this on my iGoogle page today and enjoyed it. Valuing others and demonstrating that value is essential. I was talking to Bridget the other day about being there in a relationship: either you're there or you're not. To me it is that black and white; she felt the same. Her own relationship has hit a rough spot with her boyfriend having issues and she can't understand why he doesn't appreciate simplicity.

I see people who are in long term relationships out of habit and not really being present in the relationship. Earlier this year, I was talking with MEBFKAY about us communicating more than couples who are in the same space/bed and knowing what was going on with each other and our own situation of really being present in each other's lives despite the 4500 mile distance. He agreed. Yes, I know --
don't tell me -- the irony now is just brilliant.
.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: