Sunday, November 04, 2007

Along Came a Spider...

Daylight Saving Time came to an end today gaining the U.S. an extra hour. Cabal and I walked to a brighter and cooler morning at 6:30am. No one was stirring around except for the maintenance/groundskeepers. It was beautiful to be out and about.

On the way back, about 25 feet or so from my door, a spider hung suspended on a web string above me. She had caught my peripheral vision and was actually making her way across a very long string like a seemingly never-ending trapeze act. Quickly, before I lost sight of her, I took her picture. And, yes, she was a big critter. I am sure someone will tell me if she is poisonous or not.



Showered and met another (this time tiny) spider. Not sure what that was about; all I know is that he was accidentally cleaned to death. Took my time getting ready for the day after 11am. I had only a few obligations today: fill up my car with gasoline, get my nails filled in and painted, Nan-sit for my aunt and uncle and get Cabal some dry food.

My salon's energy had changed with the brand new furniture stations and additional plants installed. Today had a different additional intruding energy. No levity could be detected. I believe it was my nail lady's boyfriend who was seated at a station. I had seen him once before and my instant feeling was that he was a bastard. Not nice, I know. Wouldn't you know whose client I would be today?

I shielded myself from his energy at first. His butterfly touch belied a more aggressive personality. Compared to Mary and her brother, he was a little too meticulous - a little too perfecting. When I gave him cash before he painted a perfect French manicure, he retrieved the change for his tip from the register sitting low in the cabinet near his girlfriend. The giveaway to his charade was when he slammed it carelessly shut with his foot. Anyone else would sit and enjoy his craftsmanship, gentle touch and voice, but I knew better. Monsters sometimes conceal themselves well to the unsuspecting person. I've met a few monsters in my life and he's just another average monster. Luckily, our relationship is a professional one.

Had a nice visit with Nan while my aunt and uncle enjoyed a jazz concert outdoors at church. They both complained of the 62 degree weather while I complained about their house being a sweltering 79 degrees when they returned. Stopped at the grocery store before heading home...Feeling rather groovy for a Sunday evening. Might be too alert for this time of night. Where are those tranquilizers? Just kidding, my lovelies.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: