Sunday, November 11, 2007

Bowing to Bowie

Looped David Bowie's Cracked Actor from Live at the Beeb (2000) CD to get me going around to clean up my place and to get me motivated to wash my slip covers on my sofa and club chair. Here is the same song performed at the recording which I have seen in its entirety too many times: David Bowie's Cracked Actor. If you really know me, you know he is my Numero Uno performing artist. He doesn't sing my favorite song, but overall he is the white in my jasmine rice.

My favorite song by him is Let's Dance. It reminds me of my first year in the U.S.; it brings a mental scrapbook of so many memories that will eventually serve as a springboard of my new life in my new country. When I am feeling a little less than AGOL-y and his CD his nearby, I listen to Cat People for this line: And I've been putting out fire with gasoline... Dawn French as a vicar (in British sitcom The Vicar of Dibley) described him as being married to an insect. Yes, Iman is extremely thin by today's standards, but she is incredibly beautiful and a gentle force to be reckoned with. You cannot be married to David Bowie and be a wallflower especially when he looks better in drag than several women I know.

Role-played Filipino maid the latter part of today. There was something satisfying about washing the floors, vacuuming corners, laundering the slipcovers and rugs. Stopped and took a long walk with Cabal during a self-scheduled break. The weather was heavenly - much cooler and hardly any humidity. Blue sky was everywhere with the sun happily shining.

Giggled with Angie a couple of different times over the phone and was a victim of Trish from San Francisco's devilish nature in Facebook. She knew she was getting a call from me. Poor girl sounded like a transsexual with her cold/cough, but nothing deters her from a little mischievousness. I love that kind of tenacity about her. We giggled, too.

Now off to another of my Filipino maid duties: regular laundry. Ay, naku!


Get more Bowie fix at: David Bowie on the Web and David Bowie Art
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: