Friday, November 23, 2007

Moonfluenced

Black Friday...? There was nothing important enough for me to be out in some of the stores that were open at 4am. Unless they were giving away doorbuster deals for free, there was no way in hell I was shopping at any time today. Besides you all know that I don't care and I really (gasp!) hate Christmas. I usually force myself to have a Christmas list by now and I don't.

Without planning and giving any parties this year, Christmas is just another day on the calendar. I might as well convert to Judaism which I could stomach a lot more these days. Maybe I should...I did make my Christmas card list, but I am not making my artsy Christmas cards. Like I've told you, my heart isn't in many things at the moment. I've learned to shut up and keep my humbugs to myself. Other people do enjoy Christmas!

Having this time off has me slowly going back to my hermit habits. Ha, that's funny. It is too easy to do. I know it is only temporary because the universe is a sadist and wants me out in it. Just when I get comfortable cocooning myself, it will force me to be sociable like a quick rip of a band-aid. A bit dramatic, but spot on the description.

Invited Lisa for a late lunch tomorrow as a response to her myspace note to me. She is still leaving her husband and needs some time away from him and kiddies for an afternoon spell. I think I am firing up my panini maker. I will be going to the grocery store after I check on Kathy's cats again early tomorrow.

Finally got my nails done as much as I talked about them earlier in the week. I didn't get my regular lady. She referred me to this older Vietnamese man who I surmised might be in his 60s. Never can tell age well with us Asians. He reminds me of an aging Casanova for some reason; must be his vibe. Anyhoo, goddamn did he do excellent work! My nails are even more gorgeous than the last guy who did them. It is the guys. Maybe they feel they have to prove more...

I've been wanting to go to the IKEA that just opened in Orlando and was hoping to go with Tawny. I'd been asking her and I thought she had plans to go to Atlanta this weekend. She texted me tonight to go tomorrow morning, but I have already made plans with Lisa. I just want more wooden hangers. The quality is phenomenal for the price. Quite obsessional about them actually. Of course, now I've discovered they have darker stained ones -- that would mean a whole hanger revamp. My OCD kicks in with trying to make sure all my hangers are wooden and match. This full moon is making me go into lunacy. That is the reason, right?
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: