Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Looping Chaka Khan

Somehow got obsessional about listening to a song sung by Chaka Khan from the 70s. Had it looped to repeat endlessly while I got ready for work. Face it, she is quite amazing with that siren-like voice. Gotta get her new CD this week.

The universe sometimes uses music to help forewarn or remind me of things. This morning it was used to lift my morning. Music became a disco montage on the way to work thanks to me surfing up and down the FM channels. I resisted the urge to continue singing Rock the Boat inside my building, but I gave into it at lunch. Tawny picked up the rest of the lyrics much to her husband's horror so we hammed it up even more by singing the Chaka Khan song from this morning. I don't think he enjoys disco as much as we do. Ha!

At times I felt defeated before I had a chance to really sink my teeth into my work. I kept getting interrupted by little things (IE leftover sign-offs on software testing, e-mail wars with my Nemesis Vendor of September, etc).

Lisa informed me that she broke the news to her husband that she was leaving him. She has already secured a new place for her and her two small children. This exceedingly nice woman deserves a medal for effort. Love cannot live on lies nor can it work with only one person contributing to the well-being of the relationship. As I've told men in my previous relationships, "If you do not tend to your own garden, someone else will (or it will take care of itself)." Several of us are now waiting for the invite to help her move. Already told her that she could call me (literally) at 2am if she needed to talk. These decisions can be very lonely especially before the holidays.

Talked to Tawny on the way home who was packing her car with stuff to move at their new place. She called me again a couple of hours later. Dressed in my blue and white striped pajamas with a grey chenille cardigan hoodie over it and black & pink flip-flops, I drove two minutes across the complex to pick her up for a quick trip for a sweet treat. We ate our goodies in her living room that was shaping up nicely with their stuff. Watched a bit of Spinal Tap before heading home at 10pm.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: