Sunday, November 18, 2007

AGOL Escapes Auntie's Thanksgiving Wrath

Well, my little loves, your AGOL has managed to escape the wrath of a 4'10" Filipino woman, namely her aunt...

My aunt called me this evening to let me know that I didn't have to come over and sit with Nan on Tuesday because attendance in their bible study would be low before the holiday. She was also inviting me for an early Thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday night with her, my uncle, Nan and her youngest son Gary. The dinner was more for Gary; he has to work Thanksgiving (I think). I said yes to my aunt. See, technically, I am still not spending Thanksgiving Day with family. I also made it clear to her that she would not see me at her older son's house the next day. She was okay with it.

Like a kid escaping well-deserved punishment, I couldn't wait to call my aunt's daughter Angie in LA and let her know. She'd been hoping I get in trouble. I cackled and taunted her with my escape. Angie threatened to have her mother read my blog where I wrote about avoiding her. Hmpf!
.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: