Thursday, November 15, 2007

An Iron Butterfly and a Hanging Heart

I just knew it was going to be a kind of day. For one, I saw a bright cardinal hiding in the bushes and I barely notice birds on the way to my car. The next clue was hearing song after song of stuff I haven't heard in a while so when Iron Butterfly's In A Gadda Da Vida came on this AGOL had to blast it to decibels unknown. What a way to drive to work!

Read that Jeff Koons' metal sculpture Hanging Heart just fetched $23.6 million at Wednesday's auction at Sotheby's . Sorry, Sotheby's -- the AGOL's heart is priceless....Okay, it's negotiable.



An unholy quartet made it to Schnitzelhaus for lunch. It was just Ant, Bridget and me, but found out Dan was coming, too. Only found out because Dan had tried to volunteer me for a disaster recovery team and was chiding me for not taking the bait, the bastard. He then informed me that Ant had invited him for lunch. The whole time was filled with laughter, good German food and pervy conversations. Perfect. Suffered food coma and from aerobic exhaustion from laughing so hard.

About two hours later, I sliced a piece of yummy chocolate birthday cake and sang an impromptu Happy Birthday in Tagalog/Filipino to Nikki at her desk which brought tears to her eyes. She told me she felt so honored. Another lady in her aisle just wanted me to sing to her. It was a sweet compliment. Your AGOL has a Disney voice if she applies herself and doesn't get shy. Years ago I entertained the thought of singing to children while reading books to them. I must be a masochist. Why would I turn myself into an Asian Julie Andrews?! (I secretly worship her though. The Sound of Music. Mary Poppins.) Sick thoughts begone!

My lunch plate was so big that I wasn't hungry for dinner; I had a bowl of unsweetened applesauce with a decent sprinkling of cinnamon. There was a near disaster: the chili spice was next to the cinnamon container. From afar, they look the same. That would've just topped the day, huh?
.

Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Most like Victor/Victoria - a drag queen pretending to be Mary Poppins! Love Ya!

helloagol said...

With AGOL narrowing her eyes, "Oh, ha ha ha."