Saturday, November 24, 2007

Lunch with Lisa

Fluttered around the apartment early to get out and about. Broke down and washed the front door before decorating it with a Christmas wreath. That's as far as Christmas decorations have made it around my apartment.
Small AGOL confession: Yesterday's entry was harsh on Christmas so I will share this: I was able to feel the Christmas spirit for a few moments while spending Thanksgiving at Tawny's home. When I made it back to my own place, I remembered myself.
Visited Kathy's house to take care of kitties. Rio was so lovable, but I itched a little after playing with her. Cesar was more sociable, but wouldn't let me hold him. Texted Kathy that they missed her before making my way to the grocery store. On the way, I received a call from Lisa telling me that she wasn't sure what time she would be at my place because her soon-to-be ex-husband was being difficult and not giving her an exact time when he would be home from the park with their son. She needed him to be home to take care of their daughter, too.

To make her wait worthwhile, I told her there was a Magarita drink with her name on it. I also let her know that we were having mini panini sandwiches, salad and pickles. For dessert, I was grilling slices of pound cake with a healthy smear of Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread) in between to go with the vanilla ice cream made with Splenda.

As promised, I made Lisa a very tall Margarita as soon as she walked in which she enjoyed. She's moving to another place soon and told me I am helping her decorate when she gets settled in; Lisa saw my special ribbon adorned towels in the bathroom. We ate well and laughed even more. She was very appreciative of my hostess skills.
Dammit that brings me to another small AGOL confession: I enjoyed entertaining today and showing my care for a good friend. This doesn't mean my humbugging is gone so don't get comfortable.
Cabal and I made a quick 10-minute visit to Tawny tonight. He made a beeline for her nephew Jayson who was sitting in her living room. He rarely does that so I know Cabal liked him from the beginning. He loved the extra attention. Not like he starved for it from me and earlier from Lisa...Watched Will Smith's Hitch on DVD after dinner. It was cute enough for mind candy.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: