Monday, November 05, 2007

AGOL Weird

Adjusting to a brighter morning could take a bit. Because we had an "extra hour", I stayed up an extra hour. Sigh. What a lovely way to throw another wrench into my insomnia...

Took the hands-off and talk to no one approach this morning. Murmured a good morning to Bridget and didn't log into IMs for personal and work until after 11am. Tawny found me in the break room heating up breakfast and barely a response to her query about Nan. Sometimes, I just don't want to speak. (By the way Kathy - breakfast was whole wheat pancakes and veggie sausage patty.) My next communication with her was a quick IM after my first conference call letting her know I was going to lunch earlier so I would have enough time to be prepped for a meeting in the other building followed by the word "Bye".

I wasn't strange all day although a few remarked on my stoic face and quiet demeanor. That kind of behavior from me tends to freak people out. I did talk to Tawny at lunch, but I knew I was being weird. Oh, well. It is that time of the year for this AGOL to be weird. Talk to me in February when the AGOL gets back to normal.

As of today, my current job's responsibilities have expanded to being an administrator to three vendors used division-wide by about 1500 employees, one more vendor than last week. Yes, my lovelies, that would be in addition to my everyday responsibilities. Job security? Oh -- I am also considering applying for a management job at the Mother Ship (Stateside). My chances may be low, but what the hell? Was personally sent the notice this morning so might as well respond. I won't be crushed if the results are not positive. If they are? I have stores of adrenaline waiting to be used.

Met Myrna for an enjoyable dinner at our favorite haunt between her house and mine. Lunch sucked today so my dinner meal hit the spot just right. We spent another hour wandering around the Christmas offerings in the shop inside as well as talking while rocking in the chairs outside. Myrna is such a sweet and fun person. She's a great friend to have because together we giggle a lot. Made it home in time to see a new chapter in Heroes. Tonight was exciting, but I don't know how many more new episodes thanks to the writer's strike in Hollywood...
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: