Saturday, June 14, 2008

Wheels Go Round and Round

Myrna picked my up at 7:15am and waited for me while I checked in again at the shop. We headed for leisurely breakfast across the road before heading to our friend Terry with her embroidery business. Terry had some scrap fabric for Myrna's mother-in-law. Scrap fabric? More like yards and yards. Myrna let me have a look at them first so I could get some practice fabric. Hee.

I had a difficult time talking to the shop today and getting a status report on my vehicle. It wasn't until after we left Myrna's mother-in-law's house and we were at Frenchy's in Clearwater Beach sitting for Grouper Sandwiches. I received my status report at about 2pm (seven hours later!). It needed a new battery and new cables with terminals. I included my oil change which brought the total to a little over $200. Aargh.


Here are some colorful pics from Frenchy's:

Our mosaic outdoor table.


Some condominiums across the way.


Plastic birdie sculptures for sale.


Front of Frenchy's beach shop; my side was the restaurant.


I love the colorful signage.


Another pic of our table and one of the four benches around it.


Bright peach/orange Ford Mustang. You'd be hard pressed to lose that in a car park!


Mmmm...Fresh, flaky and moist grouper sandwich.


Art work on the wall near our table. I love it!


Another fish pic from my seat.


Myrna and I stopped at a thrift store for things I could re-purpose during my creative vacation. I found a puzzle piece mold, but unsure if the resin will work with silicone. She dropped me off even though my car didn't end up ready when we arrived. It needed a new alternator which was still under warranty. I waited another hour. Still not quite done. On my way home, I noticed that the temperature gauge was running high. A quick phone call to them had me turning my car around to have it checked. Grrr. Fifteen minutes later, I was told to watch the gauge and maybe we would need it replaced. Nice.

I texted and called different peeps all day to give them a status report. Thankfully all my running around with Myrna made me tired. I was also thankful that my repair cost was reasonable. All in all, a pretty good day.


.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: