Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Glance Back

Don't you ever wonder what you were doing a year before or what you were thinking? Keeping a blog is wonderful tool to aid in recording portions of your life. This time last year I had received two gifts from Tawny, a mahjongg-inspired bracelet and a dragonfly silver necklace she had made. The entry talked about magic with the bottom paragraph punctuating the blog entry:
When you're a kid growing up in a less fortunate situation, you tend to have more faith and hope in magical things. In the shadows of them you know there is a reality which keeps you grounded. Hopefully, the shadows don't out grow the faith and hope of finding real magic as an adult. A glimmer of magic is worth believing in and fighting for even when things seem insurmountable, but that is why it is called magic because anything is surmountable with it. Abracadabra! or Open Sesame. It is not the words but the faith in knowing magic happens.
After rereading it, I can honestly say I sometimes forget who I am/what I am/what I can do and the words I have inside still waiting to have life breathed into them so that they may be released into the universe to live in other people's minds.


.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

david santos said...

I LOVED THIS POST AND THIS BLOG.
HAPPY DAY