Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Lulu Found

A tired and teary eyed face greeted me when I came into our area of the building. Bridget was not taking well her son's leaving to go spend a portion of his summer with his father a few states away. She kept apologizing for being a "poop head". We still found ways to make her laugh during the day...

In my blog readings, I kept running into a website where certain bloggers have self-published portions of their blog or some other body of work: www.lulu.com. I sent the link to Pete via facebook and later to a few friends. Sometimes trying to get a publisher to like your work enough to publish gets discouraging especially when you get the rejection letters back in the mail. I don't know. I have nothing to publish yet, but it does get me giddy to think that it could happen just like that! with this site.

Remember Jill? I finally met her for lunch today at Maggiano's. It has been a year since she's been let go from my company and after a few false starts at different places, she is now at a new job where she is very happy. Can you believe she's never been to Maggiano's? You could have called me Doris Day because I found a sweet parking spot incredibly close to the entrance and it was eventually shaded by the tree near it as the sun glided across the blue sky...

I pre-ordered an appetizer of calamari which she ate, but later admitted she wasn't crazy about a bunch of it. Huh?! I thought she loved the stuff. Jill enjoyed her lunch anyway as we caught up on each other's lives. I made sure to invite her for Happy Hour with the gang. She misses our group on occasion.

There was some silent drama at Happy Hour I won't get into, but suffice it to say one chapter of man who's been hovering like a spectre for the last 10 years has finally been buried. I felt relief and no more pressure to make myself like him more than as a friend. I did at one time, but no more. Just because you have excellent rapport with someone and many people have told you that should be together, doesn't mean you should or you can. Reality was much more clarifying than the fantasy people have had about us. He is the man now I needed him to be at least five years ago. By the time he had caught up to that, my wants and needs had trajected to another universe.

It was raining out and our group disbanded earlier than expected so Jill and I decided to take a trip to the adult store before heading our separate ways. She ended up buying some cute things for her boyfriend while I ooh'ed and aah'ed at the contraptions, toys and potions glistening in their lollipop colored packaging. It has been said that a girl left to her own devices is a very...happy...girl.


.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: