Monday, June 16, 2008

A Bit More Than I Thought

I made it into work before Bridget and that's saying a lot! She had overslept. Later I also found out that she had an incident with a hornet (or equivalent) making itself known on her side as she was nude in her kitchen (doing God knows what!). She had felt it crawling. After flailing to try to kill the bugger with a towel, she was fine...until she tried to use super glue on a shoe lining. When she tried to glue back her shoe lining, the glue squirted all over her hands and acrylic nails. (I know you're waiting for it..) Bridget touched her fingers together making an incredible bond of skin to skin. (I teased her at this point to see if she made the Vulcan sign...erm, no, she didn't. Darn.)

Somewhere synapses were finally beginning to fire correctly and she remembered that nail polish remover can help with this sticky (ahem!) predicament. She cleaned herself up and made it incident free to work. Just think what it would have been like if she did the super glue bit seconds before the hornet. I would have paid to have seen that and sold additional front row tickets!

It was quiet the rest of the day with a department cake break. They were serving cakes for the June birthdays today. Eh, not a bad pick-me-up two hours after eating my Chinese leftover lunch at my desk.

I went home a little early to see if my packaged had arrived. The beautiful necklace below is what I've been waiting to arrive from an Etsy.com seller. Truth be told, I bought it to expound upon it. I have a similar idea with some crazier thing to do on it. This seller even decorated the gift box it came in by using glitter pens on the top of the cover. It was actually cute. There were just a couple of details I would change in the finishing to ensure the image would last longer. Just you wait to see the pics from my upcoming creative week. I wish I had pics of the jewelry I have created over the years especially this one Swarovski crystal and velvet choker I made for a gal pal's daughter. She was annoyed that the necklace was noticed more during her dance than her dress or her. Oops.



I wanted some soup for dinner, but my soups tend to be hearty because I like for them to be more a meal. Before I knew it, I was thawing a couple of mild Italian sausages in the microwave while I chopped onion and garlic for a big pot that had been drizzled with olive oil inside.

When the sausage was more malleable (hee!), I emptied their contents from their individual casing to saute with the onion and garlic. Soon the onions were translucent and I added boiling water and a big Tetrapak box of fat free, low sodium chicken broth along with a couple of bay leaves. Once the water came to a boil, I added some mini ziti noodles. When the noodles had about three more minutes to cook, I added a bunch of frozen chopped spinach. (You can add some salt at this point, but with the sausage and the broth, you may want to taste first.) I ladled the piping hot goodness in a bowl and sprinkled a small bit of Parmesan cheese on top. The only thing that would have made this dish perfect was had I sprinkled some homemade croutons. Holy hell.



Spent the rest of the evening researching stuff online. Only had a few good nibbles of information for my creative week. Probably a good thing. My brain was already on creative overload.


.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: