Sunday, June 22, 2008

Gifts to Myself

Cabal woke me up. Early. Mofo. Grrr.

Found myself making coffee at 6am after our walk and his feeding. My load of towels were dry, too. As I was inserting the yellow towels into my double ribbon, it occurred to me that I never took those pics I promised a while back of my bathroom towels.

The pics below are just one of the set of two I have hanging. Obviously, I don't use these towels. I could if I wanted to, but mostly these just hang pretty while I have another working set hanging elsewhere. I have a few more sets of towels before I have to use the ones below. They are washed at least once a month whether they need it or not. I love ribbon -- what an easy way to dress your towels and bathroom! I added the faux jewel ornaments after buying them on sale after Christmas. The colors were perfect, non?



There is a lady online who has a store on e-bay selling resin, resin molds and accessories. Her mold choices were more expanded than the online art supply stores so I bought four from her along with two different sizes of reusable plastic cups and pipettes. Those should arrive before the end of the week. Yippee!

On the other hand, the reply to my query e-mail from the gourmet shop has yet to arrive. Well, I couldn't wait anymore because the class choices were narrowing each day and the Cooking Class Assistant orientation is next Sunday. I had to find out whether there was still room today during a Pizza class. It was raining and for some reason I wanted to drive around in it.

After talking to a gal who apparently needed to suck down some serious caffeine, I was registered for the cooking class that will allow me to attend orientation next Sunday. Your AGOL was saved from taking the Pizza class this afternoon. The lady bragged that there was still a waiting list. More power to them -- you know I don't like pizza unless some conditions have been met in making it. High maintenance? Yep.

(Drum roll please..)

The class I ended up prepaying today was very appropriate for the AGOL: Aphrodisiac Foods. While I am sipping wine on Tuesday night, I get to watch a chef prepare the following tantalizing dishes:
Gulf Oysters laced with Chipotle Mignonette, Grilled Asparagus Spears with Lump Crabmeat over Baby Arugula, Roasted Pine Nut Gorgonzola Timbale and Goat Cheese Stuffed Figs wrapped in Prosciutto with Balsamic Raspberry Gastrique. The finale is Chocolate Truffles with Strawberry Amaretto Jam and White Chocolate Martinis.
Are you jealous? My mouth is already watering. I'll have to cancel on Happy Hour with the gang and tell my boss I am leaving at 3:30pm to take care of the dog and still make it on time. I'm sure the chef will allow me to take a few food pics to share with you...

My day was not to be wasted. I drove to two art supply stores for supplies, mostly related to resin. The grocery store took some more of my money on the way home because my freezer was near empty again. Is Grey Goose vodka a frozen dinner? To some, it might be. Ha! I needed to take advantage of some of the Buy Guy Get One Free deals. Making sure I have stock in certain staple ingredients makes it that much easier to put together a good meal quickly that is full of flavor.

Tawny was back in town tonight from her vacation with her sister to see their parents and to pick up Tawny's daughter for part of the summer in between college semesters. She texted me earlier to let me know when she was in Florida and when she arrived home. I didn't expect to see her for a bit, but she called me tonight to drop off a small gift and to show me some goodies that came in the mail for her. How I missed her! Not sure if she will be able to take one day off to play during my creative week. I will have to ask her again. Well, my lovelies, it is off to bed for me.


.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: