Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Sprinkles Life

Ideas for my upcoming creative vacation have been swirling in my head, only allowing a third of my brain to pay attention to my day job. I am no where near ready to quit the day job so I'd better find a way to tie the strings down on these thought balloons...

I noted that it was quiet on the instant messaging front with everyone too busy for even a moment to themselves thanks to conference calls. Tawny was also getting ready for her road trip to Iowa/Wisconsin/Michigan with her sister. (I am keeping my non-constructive and not-so-sweet commentary to myself, but I am noting that I am keeping my non-constructive and not-so-sweet commentary to myself.) I will have bags of chocolate ready and waiting for Tawny's return...

On the other hand, my cousin Angie is like the real sister I never had, which is odd because she has always been in my life in some form or another. She is my best friend in the whole universe, the true wind beneath my wings. I don't think she quite realizes the profound effect she has had on my life. The first time I recognized her hand in my journey was when she handed me a Harlequin book at age 11 to read so that my comprehension would get better. Her method was revolutionary but it got me read voraciously from that point on. I'm sure I mentioned somewhere that she was the one to introduce me to this site to get me blogging. Truth be told, I think it is her lazy way of being able to read my diary. I am such a gullible sucker. Here I am sharing my diary with the world. Of course, you don't get everything...almost.

The thing about Angie is that she always gives me gems (real and figurative). I am currently wearing two rings from her and one link bracelet with a dangling heart charm. While I love those pieces of jewelry and wear them everyday, it is all those figurative gems that I treasure the most. The most recent was her commentary on the male from Tuesday. She said that he wants the sprinkles life but then he backs away...he is a moth. It took me a couple of minutes until I reread what she had written: the sprinkles life.

I breathe deeply and let out a sigh. When I think of those three words, I feel and see so many things. What would it mean to truly have The Sprinkles Life? It would mean living with prisms of color everywhere (nothing gloomy!), spirited laughter, an incredible loving family of my own, loving extended family and friends, working in front of and with the public, constant growing creativity...and living the love that comes in doing and having them all. I'm lucky already because I have some of those I mentioned. It is a work in progress. I invite you to stick around for all of that or at the very least some more gems.


.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: