Monday, June 09, 2008

California Soul

Really? It's the 9th of June already? I was still trying to enjoy May. My inner calendar needs updating. Coffee first though...

You could almost hear a pin drop in my area it was so quiet. Bridget was off today to see her son off to spend some time with his father. My boss was recovering from his weekend. The temp? I didn't ask. As for me, I was still lost in my thoughts from yesterday. My research on the Internet yielded more ideas for me to explore during my Staycation (as opposed to vacation since I am not traveling anywhere) later this month. I wrote everything down and now I am sifting through them.

Although my boss is my boss first, Bridget and I have developed an easy friendship with him that allows all of us to share everyday things of our lives. No, I have not shared my blog and will probably never do that. If he stumbles across it, well...he'll burn in a fiery hell. That's all there is to it. Ha! In informing my boss of my Staycation, I revealed that I would be devoting the whole time to creativity, most of the time getting whiffs of epoxy or polyurethane resin. Amazon.com just shipped a book to me on working with resins.

I also ordered a necklace from Etsy.com that has a similar idea for a pendant (just one of the many many ideas!) that I want to try. My jewelry making tools will finally breathe better when they are unearthed again. I am also going to be working with paper casting and using oilcloth for some other projects. That's for starters. A schedule would have to be put together so that I stay on track and explore all the things I want to explore during those 10 days.

Talked to Tawny a bit tonight and I have asked her to take at least one day off during my Staycation to play, too. Chinese food and some margaritas will have to make it in that day's agenda. What? We would need sustenance for the creative wheels to keep turning. Hee.

Oh! I found another TV ad I love love love! It is not the visuals, but the song California Soul sampled in the spot. The song is sung by Marlena Shaw. I have included the TV spot and the extended version of the song. It is the kind of soul music I love to sing. Isn't the groove like warm cognac? The burn gets your blood loose like running molten lava.

TV Commercial featuring California Soul



Marlena Shaw sings the full version of California Soul



.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: