Saturday, June 28, 2008

DAYTIME TEETH THING

Awoke with a start, realized I had fallen asleep sitting on the sofa and that's how I found myself walking the dog around 3am. That was probably the only reason why he let me sleep in until after 10-ish. Wow! When was the last time that happened?

Another firsts in a long time was drinking some pineapple juice in the morning. It was canned, but it felt heavenly on my tongue. The only time now I drink pineapple juice is when I am drinking some rum with it. It would have been a bit too early to start that kind of craziness.

I also found myself melting some butter in a bit of canola oil for making eggs over medium (seasoned well with freshly ground salt & pepper and a sprinkling of onion powder) so I could put them atop my toasted slices of whole wheat English muffins. (Any excuse to use the toaster tongs from last night!) Slicing into the egg yolk so it can ooze into the muffin is very satisfying. Eating it is better!

Spoke to Kristey and Sharon...read some blogs...and sipped tea. I was trying to calm the anxiety that had been building up for a couple of days. I was invited to my cousin's house to celebrate his son's first birthday. You know family events always drive me crazy and cause freaky stress. No, I am not reminding you of all the whys right now, but I did call Tawny and let her know I wasn't going to carry any babies during the party.

Here's Baby Colton throughout his party. Notice him teething on the Lumpia (Filipino eggroll).


I was able to leave unscathed by inquisitive relatives. They still don't know I am on vacation! Headed back home to get ready for an opening band and a late play...


.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: