Saturday, June 21, 2008

Two Saturdays in a Row

Two for two...I forced myself to go to the car shop again to have them check something out. Myrna called me back on the way and reminded me she was in Ohio with her husband for a relative's wedding and that she couldn't meet me for breakfast. Hmm... Too bad teleportation hasn't been realized yet.

There were already a few customers in the shop when I arrived. I was antsy. Really I just wanted more coffee. A quick call to my Filipina friend Sharon had her picking me up for breakfast across the way. We laughed the whole time until the cable guy called her to come to her new apartment for a new connection. She left me to wait a couple of more hours at the shop.

My time was spent starting a new book by Eckhart Tolle entitled, A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose when my eyes weren't glued to the TV watching cooking shows. You can tell America is becoming more culturally diverse in their programming by the cooks allowed to have their own 30-minute show. (Make room for an AGOL?) One host was originally from Colombia (now living in Miami) and her show featured a brunch with Colombian food...

I love it when the mechanic brings me to the car to explain things to me. He was patient; he knew I was out of my element. After about 20 minutes of deliberation, we agreed on a couple of things which cost me a couple hundred more dollars. The thing is while my money to buy more art supplies went down for my creative week/vacation, my car seemed to be running much better. It is a bittersweet trade-off.

Rushed home to my dog. It had been raining most of the day so I knew his nerves were frayed. Poor thing. Spent a quiet evening starting a mountain of laundry and putting a list down of the things I need to have on hand for my creative week. My disappointment in not doing what I really wanted to do today was soothed by cups of hot tea in the evening.


.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: