Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Step in a Better Direction

The Internet greeted me early today as I searched for the website of a local gourmet food shop. It is a chain, but this is the first time I have seen them have a gourmet kitchen for cooking classes. Even when I worked for their competition part time in the early 90s have I not seen this kind of set-up.

My near demonic quest for information was fueled by a late night conversation with one of my close friends, Tab, who intoned that I have not been doing enough...or have not been consistent. He told me to stop wasting myself. He didn't start out lecturing me. It was very late and I was winding down when he came online. We were just having a conversation about nothing when one thing led to another.

As I said yesterday, on the surface you can read him as bastard, but I know the words he expresses are true. He's right. I've been distracted. My upcoming vacation was my cue to reset myself. I'm not sure if it is the restless energy at work, but my focus has been scattered. Keeping myself on task is a challenge. He just feels I need to step it up more.

Well, the least I could do as a response to his impassioned speech was to do something. At this gourmet shop, they have cooking class assistants. You must attend one cooking class first prior to going to orientation. When you assist, you get to attend the classes for free. Fair enough. This morning at home I found the site, but it was at work that I sent my query note to the head chef of the shop.

I need to do more networking. You can never meet enough people who might be the ones to lead you where you need to be or introduce you to other people who can lead you to where you want to be. The next step may not be the best, but at least it is in a better direction. Wish me luck, my lovelies!


.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: