Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday the 13th?

Today was something else. I was a bit melancholy thinking of my mother's spirit day anniversary and missing her. All I wanted was a bit of peace and pleasant. Well, we can want, can't we?

Tab was in a bad mood at lunch. He carried his mood by finding ways of bickering with me starting when I got inside his vehicle. We were trying out a new Japanese/Korean restaurant for us and we thoroughly enjoyed the Japanese lunch and talking with our Korean waitress. We decided it would be our new favorite place. I could have done without one blemish...a complaint on my make-up of which was a light application. He hates any of it and calls it camouflage. I frankly don't care -- this is who I am and I have been wearing make-up since I was 12 years old. I didn't know I was having lunch with His Highness.

He further topped the mood by driving in such a manner that spilled Starbucks coffee on my seat belt. It took him seconds to ascertain that the hot liquid didn't land on my blouse or my skin before seeing the look of anger on my face. He then began to backtrack; he knew he had gone too far. I let him have it. He had an answer for everything. I was buying none of it. He's going to experience the AGOL deep freeze for a while. Jeezus...peace and pleasant?

By the time I got back from lunch, Bridget had left for the day so she could drive south with her boyfriend. Our boss was gone for his other sister's wedding this weekend. So it was just the temp and me. She talked to me, but didn't try to monopolize my time and then later left without saying goodbye. Fine. I was going to leave at 5pm, but it became more like 6pm which turned out to be a good thing.

My evening plans consisted of one thing before making my way home which was going to the bookstore. It wouldn't matter if I bought anything, I just wanted to spend some time around books. I had about an hour and half to browse. My car had other plans.

My car has been warning me of upcoming issues. This morning was a big hint. I thought I had pressed the gas pedal too much and that was why it was having a hard time accelerating. It sorted itself out and I thought I was home free. On the way home on one of the busiest roads in Tampa, my car began to lose power. Luckily for me, I was able to maneuver my car on a left turn lane for an obscure road, avoiding traffic and not causing any inconvenience to other drivers. I was also very lucky to have missed the precipitation that had fallen earlier. One call to my motor club assured me of help.

I called several of my girlfriends and Angie to let them know what happened and also to see if one of them could give me a ride from the shop to my apartment. I secured a ride with Jeff/Tawny and a ride with Myrna the next day. The tow truck came in 30 minutes and an angel of a man named Joey treated me like a China doll. It was odd and flattering. He was fascinated with my nails. I had a feeling he had a nail fetish. Now mind you when most guys gush or compliment me on my appearance, it feels creepy, but I didn't feel any of that with this guy.

Joey dropped me off at the shop where we checked in my vehicle for repairs. He instructed me to wait for him so he could help me from my high perch in the cab of this large tow truck. Apparently, the steps may have been wet and he didn't want me sliding and falling. How sweet! Like I said...China doll. He also called out to me later as Tawny and I were heading to her car to remind me that he had my keys and that I may need my apartment keys. Oh..duh. Embarrassed, I thanked him and we went our separate ways. I still have his card and even though he is not my cup of tea per se, I still think I would like to have lunch with him, but I don't want to falsely encourage him. It is not being mean -- our lives our vastly different based on our conversation. We would only both end up in frustration before long. I will have to think more on this.

Tawny teased me about him on the way home. I made her stop at McDonald's so I didn't have to cook dinner. She was to leave for Iowa in a matter of a couple of hours...I called Kristey to let her know that I wouldn't be meeting her for our walk in the morning. I also firmed up plans with Myrna the next day. Sigh. I was happy to be home to finally experience peace and pleasant.


.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: