Saturday, June 28, 2008

NIGHTTIME TEETH THING

Walked over to Tawny's around 8pm. She was dressed in (rare) all black and even painted her nails black for the event. Tawny was looking mighty fine for the evening. I was dressed more casual in jeans and a bright blouse. Her husband drove us downtown. A friend met us near the venue and then took us on a tour of the building they are all trying to secure as an art place. That's all that I can say about that other than it is going to be fantastic!

Kathy and Jamie met us inside the venue. We enjoyed the trio of gals singing some industrial/goth type music. Tawny's husband Jeff worked very hard to get them shown in the best light. They were supposed to start at 9pm; they came on at 9:40pm. By the time they came, the audience had swelled to capacity. What a motley crew of people dressed in various forms of black and goth!

Twenty years ago in high school, I was dressed in black all the time. I can remember one family vacation to Florida (from Wyoming) where a picture taken of me and my sisters had me as the complete oddball in black with pale skin and everyone else was dressed for the sun and had a nice tan.

Another incident was when my aunt and uncle were looking at houses to find their current home. Angie and I came with on occasion. This one incident had me pale, wearing black and Revlon's Cherries in the Snow lipstick color. I was teasing my uncle and lied down on a spacious tub and pretended I was a vampire sleeping complete with arms crossed...The very best was living in Chicago and wearing black all the time for my jobs. It wasn't a requirement, but it came with the type of retail territory.

What I am getting at is that at some point...you emerge from the shadows of trying to be different and being a part of a subculture that has black as the unspoken everyday uniform because you realize you truly are different. I still wear plenty of black, but it is usually softened by a bright blouse or sparkling accessory.

Snaps from the play tonight. It was more a fashion show dressed as a play. The designs were stunning.


My choices were to stay for the after party or have Tawny take me home. I chose to go home. It was past midnight by the time I got home.


.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: