Monday, June 23, 2008

Sparse

Driving my car this morning was a pleasure. It felt better and there was no rain in the morning. I arrived a bit cheerful. My eyes widened when I saw two necklaces on my desk. Sharon thinks they are hideous and has re-gifted them to me. They are not that bad. My mind was racing ahead at the possibilities of reworking their designs as I took a picture of them. I can't wait until you see the before and after photos in a couple of weeks...

My boss was working from home, but where was Bridget? Logging into the e-mail, I saw her note that her car wouldn't start and she wouldn't be in. The joke between us is that if one thing happens for one car, the other gets it, too. It made for a quieter day all around.

I received some bad albeit not unexpected news. My trainer friend Rob was made redundant today in the other building. My company is slowly picking people off in different departments. He was in the division under the North American mother ship so I am not sure why his position was shaved off unless it was just personal. My own division (under this mother ship) failed to meet the market expectations and from what I know about our parent company in the UK, they shave off positions until they can show a better profit for the end of our fiscal year. They will not allow any division to fail so to speak. Sigh.

As of this post which is earlier than usual because I want to go to sleep early (I know -- suspend your disbelief!), I haven't heard from him at all. Rob should receive my quick supportive e-mail if he checked his Gmail account today. He's going on vacation with his family next week which should give him some mental respite as well as the opportunity to get a better perspective. He is knowledgeable and talented in his field; a better position is just waiting for him around the corner...

The online vendor where I bought my resin stuff sent me an e-mail with shipping information. If I calculate things correctly, I should receive my supplies on Wednesday. Woo hoo! Meanwhile, I need to take the dog out and make for hay. I am exhausted from too little sleep. My plans are to get to work much earlier than normal tomorrow so I can leave work earlier in good conscience for my cooking class.


.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: