Saturday, May 24, 2008

Weird Science

I ate a very early breakfast as if I were working today and then had a light snack before I was completely ready at 10am for meeting Bridget at 10:30am at the Museum of Science and Industry which just miles from where I live. She called me when she was passing downtown Tampa which was my signal to leave the apartment.

Her son talked up a storm while we were in line getting our tickets. A bit of outrageousn laced his stories as soon as he found out he had a receptive audience: me. Bridget was warning me about him talking all the time and I replied that I could talk to kids all day. Kids are fun especially in an environment such as this kind of museum of exploration into some cool science. We were in time to be seated up close for the magic show. One of the themes at the exhibit was on Magic.



We meandered the different levels where we explored The Universe (solar system) , Disasterville (hurricanes, tornadoes, tsunamis, etc.), Magnets and Your Body exhibits to name several. In between, we ate lunch and saw an IMAX film Wild Ocean. I forgot that the IMAX at the museum was not like other IMAX installations. This was dome-like where you could get almost a full globe experience. I knew I was going to be queasy after we sat down. Bridget was too and her son was a bit scared by the whole thing until he saw giant projections of dolphins swimming across the screen.

We ended up outside in the mini butterfly garden exhibit enjoying some of the flora, pretty butterflies and creatures in the pond. By this time it was after 4pm and we were all tuckered out. Bridget still had to drive home across Tampa over the bridge to St. Petersburg. Full day for all of us.

Cabal was ready for a walk when I got home. It was very hot outside and very bright. We couldn't wait to get back in. I called Bridget after she got home and thanked her for coming over this side of the bay. She said her son commented that he was going to miss me and asked if I was part of the family now. Oh my God -- how sweet! After the call, I began to upload the photos from today, but forgot that most of the cooler pics I took with Bridget's camera of she and her son.

In the middle of uploading, I received a surprising text from Dan asking if I had any dinner plans. I texted back not yet and that I just got home from being with Bridget and her son. He text back that his refrigerator broke and he had some steaks he had to grill and that he had already talked to Jeff/Tawny who were coming over and if I would like to join them. Dan said that Jeff could pick me up on the way and dinner was around 7pm. Hmmm... I said sure and asked if I could bring anything, but he replied that Jeff had the extras all figured out to round out the meal. Took out a box of couscous anyway and sliced off two tablespoons of butter for the recipe. I wasn't going to assume that Mr. Bachelor had butter. Ha!

The repair guy came while we were making the sides and replaced a part within 15 minutes. Dan marinated some expensive cuts of steak in a new machine that made them tender in minutes before putting them on the grill outside. They turned out very good and I am not a big steak eater. I told him at the table that he was on the approved list for making steaks. He can cook very well when I choose to give him enough credit. (Meanie AGOL!)

Later Dan shared his vacation pics on his big screen TV from when he visited his family in New York a week ago. Tawny and I prepared dessert and watched some more TV. I had extra entertainment with Dan's Siamese cat who always hides when other people are around. The cat came to investigate me and in a totally unexpected thing -- let me pet him for a very long time and on different occasions. I thought he was Cabal as demanding as he was for my attention. SingSing even butted his head against my other hand as if to say, Um -- HELLO -- you have TWO hands. I found myself using my left hand to scratch up and down his back while my right hand scratched behind his pretty head. Tawny teased Dan that he would have to get longer nails now.

We were home before midnight and I was very tired from a very full and fun day. The two beers I had at Dan's weren't helping me either, but I still enjoyed some hot jasmine tea before I went to sleep.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: