Friday, May 09, 2008

Musical Cubicles

The rip of packing tape from its tight roll could be heard all around our floor today. It was packing day for most of the floor as we were all playing a game of musical cubicles and offices. Productivity was at the week's all time low.

I started hanging my stuff in my new cube while the current occupant was still there. He didn't mind; he loves the Hawaiian stuff. He was busy casing his new place before the movers moved his stuff. My boss determined that my new cube is a bit bigger than the current one since the new one allows me to have chairs for guests. (Just what your AGOL needs!) I will have more guests than I have now thanks to the marketing group migrating from the other building. Simple welcome signs printed from my laser printer made it to some of their cubes so they would feel good about their new move.

Bridget accompanied me to the other building so I could drop off my laptop for a final data transfer to the new laptop that has 2MB of RAM and a faster processor. We made a brief stop in Dan's office to get some chocolate at his desk. I was sitting in his chair writing him a note when he walked in and caught us lurking in his office. He smiled and sat in his chair after I got up. Finding two extra spicy girls in his office never happens. Ha!

After lunch and another trip to the other building to pick up my groovy new laptop, we returned to our own space and finished packing. Everyone left early and I stayed longer just to finish a couple of things. I ran my car through the extended car wash and sprayed some tire shine on the wheels when I came home. My lack of sleep caught up with me. I fell asleep early, but not before I remembered to set my alarm for the early walk with Kristey.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: