Saturday, May 31, 2008

Charwoman

Wore my new running shoes for the first time this morning. Yes, I've held onto them for almost two weeks. They were very expensive ($140!) and I wasn't sure if I could do better on price while still getting a similarly featured pair of running shoes. I gave up shopping around and decided to wear them. Four miles walking with Kristey this morning was a great way to break them in. I knew they were good when my back didn't seize up at all today. It had been with the previous pair. Hurrah!

I did all the laundry I could do today with the exception of the slipcovers on the sofa and club chair. In between moving them around, folding them and putting them away, I cleaned the apartment. Man...I don't have that much floor to wash and I still despise washing floors! Vacuuming the carpet was more rewarding for me. Dusting was a despicable thing to do especially when I started to sneeze from the act. Grrr. These kinds of labor have to be...well, labored even for your favorite AGOL.

For dinner I made spaghetti dressed with tomato, basil, meatballs and mushrooms in a red sauce. Oh and extra pressed garlic! Made too much of the noodles though. I can't measure noodles. (Read as too lazy to measure.) I just dump a bunch in the salted boiling pot of water without breaking the noodle strands. Twirling the pasta with my fork against a spoon is a lovely way to eat spaghetti.

It wasn't a Sassy Saturday, but I accomplished much including a good nap to catch more Z's. Naps are not sassy, but they are bold. I mean to just say to your laundry Screw you! I am taking a nap on the comfy couch. That's bold. Never let it be said that I don't live on the edge.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: