Friday, May 30, 2008

Chopstick Chow Down

I thought it was French cuisine that was intimidating, not Asian! A few people who volunteered for the our Asian potluck chickened out and didn't show up even when the rest of assured them there would be plenty of food. Goddess knows I always cook for an army as did those who cooked for lunch today.

We had Chinese pork dumplings which Bridget made (yum!!) , Korean Beef (bulgogi), Nam Sod (Thai pork appetizer with tons of ginger and lime juice with a hint of fish sauce and slices of fresh red onion) with Rice and Black Sesame Puffed Crackers, Pancit (Filipino noodle dish - rice vermicelli noodles with veggies and chicken), and the all important jasmine rice my friend Sharon made. I told Bridget that with all the Asians breathing down Sharon's neck on how to properly to cook the rice, she was to count herself lucky not have volunteered for lot. We were hoping for more variety in dishes, but believe me there were plenty to eat. The ladies laughed at my table arrangement and how I fussed over the placement and presentation of things. For dessert, we had my cake and some French chocolate someone brought. Needless to say, our chopsticks were surrendered for the rest of the day.

I came home late and was weak against the call of sleep. It had been a rough week for my lack of it. Maybe that was the cause of my grumpiness and general bitchiness? I just have to regroup again. It is amazing how easy it is to lose focus...most especially when you're mind is easily distracted with crazy things that do not hold deep meaning.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: