Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Breaking Bread

Wednesdays are wacky. Why is that?

Trainer Rob found out that he has to pull out of the Half Iron Man at Disney this weekend per doctor's orders. He has been told to scale back on his training for now to prevent chronic injury later. This man has trained like a demon (we're talking hours a day!) for this event and now he can't enter the race thanks to injuries sustained from last Thursday's mishap with the SUV. Bummer.

I had scheduled myself for lunch alone since I was feeling introspective. Lisa came to sit at my desk to eat lunch. She talked the whole time while I made appropriate responses. Sigh. So much for introspection.

The afternoon was spent in a staff meeting and a conference call. Eh. They were okay. I wanted to drink Margaritas. We know where my mindset was don't we?

I was able to escape early as I had a Greek dinner date with Kathy and Tawny. Dinner with the girlies was fun and our food was super duper tasty. Took most of my entree home for lunch tomorrow and the leftover babaganoush (eggplant pate). Now only if I had remembered to ask for some more pita bread to take home. We pigged out on appetizers and saved room for dessert and coffee. This was funny: Tawny spent a few minutes telling me all the hellos from the other building that needed to be conveyed. It was nice to be missed by some of the AGOL entourage...
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: