Friday, May 02, 2008

Sharkfin Pie

No one was in my area when I arrived -- my boss' office door was shut, too. Where the heck was everyone? I called Bridget on her cell and she didn't answer. Rather than letting unwarranted panic set in, I fired up my laptop. I got up and looked down the hall and saw Bridget and the temp walking together. They informed me that our boss was working from home today.

Morning flew fast and lunch loomed quickly. No workout gear was brought in by either one of us. B-girl and I decided to finally make it over to a restaurant we have never tried before. We made it to Mitchell's Fish Market* on West Shore Plaza. We sat in the lounge area instead of the dining room. Later a group from accounting made it over, too, and accused us of not inviting them. Well, they didn't invite us either! Ha.

The Magna Carta-length menu was a bit intimidating, but we managed to zero in on a couple of dishes for this excursion. The dishes were so beautiful that I had to take pictures:

Bridget had the Cedar Plank Salmon (Balsamic eggplant, roasted vegetables, asparagus, portabella relish, and goat cheese)


I had the Shang Hai Seafood Sampler (Fresh Atlantic salmon, scallops and shrimp steamed in ginger and scallions, sticky rice, spinach and rice wine soy sauce)


Um...Yes, we had room for dessert. She was insisting we get two. The other was supposed to be the Banana Rum Bread Pudding until the waitress dissuaded us by explaining how big the pie was going to be. Our Sharkfin Pie (Butter fudge ice cream, honey roasted peanuts, fudge and Oreo cookie crust) managed to take up a large footprint on our table. Holy Sugar!

I had Bridget hold the Splenda packet for scaling purposes. To see it is to believe it.


This was a rather cheeky Bridget pic from my cellphone we sent to our boss. He needed some humor while he managed chaos with three little boys playing in the swimming pool and worked from his laptop at the same time. He laughed when he got it.



I warned our boss that I would be requesting a new laptop after our move a week from now. He said to just put the ticket in now. Hooray. Looking forward to a new machine with more memory and a faster processor.

The evening was more subdued. Truth be told, I was tired. It was a weird week and I didn't sleep all that well. Tomorrow would be better. My name will be all over tomorrow: Sprinklesday.


*Check out their website for dozens Recipes under From the Chef including all the dishes we savored today and priceless information in their section called Tips for Chefs. Also, they have a section called Fish School which is also educational. I am very impressed with this chain. They are so confident with their business that they are willing to share many of their secrets. Oh -- if you look under The Experience, the video is from the Tampa location...Five smooches out of five for Mitchell's Fish Market. You must swim there now!
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: