Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Vendor Vendor Vendor

My day was all about one vendor, our travel vendor. She flew in from North Carolina just to give my boss and me for our Quarterly Business Review (QBR). It would be her first with my boss. She is someone you instantly like; my boss was not immuned by her effervescent charm.

After a couple of hours discussing her report and charts, my boss took us out to lunch at Wright's Deli. (Yes, I was just there on Saturday.) Somehow the discussion got to be on the subject of feng shui which made me the object of focus. Our lunch table was used as a brief tool to help illustrate the bagua map used in feng shui. I gave a brief overview and a promise to send a link to a good starter book to my vendor.

We had a brief reprieve from one another to catch up on e-mails and IMs. Had a couple of people who were annoyed at not having me available. Jeezus, you're still in that bleedin meeting?! What can I say? I am at work and have to actually do some work. Imagine that. The three of us met again for a conference call with individuals from our North American mother ship. Thrillsville...not!

Found out that our visitor shared the same birthday as me which was a rare occurrence. Let me tell you something, this woman is whom I would love to be when I grow up. The sad part is that I am about 10 years older. Her life seems idyllic. I won't go into it or I will get a bit down. The fact that my training has been temporarily sidelined by my illness is starting to really to get to me. Rob assures me that I will be okay once I get back on course. He's been sick, too, but he pretends he is not by continuing to train after a couple days of rest. Lucky duck. He is a great motivator.

I am feeling better and just trying to get some quality rest to get better. Curiously developing an unnatural affinity for my electric blanket. If it helps me attain better and deeper sleep, I believe it is all good. That's my story anyway.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: