Friday, February 08, 2008

Seven Positive Things About My Life

I was tagged by Badgerdaddy to do my own as another blogger had tagged him. Here we go...

7 positive things about my life:
  1. I am alive and resilient...For the most part, I just roll with the punches. Life is a constant challenge and some mornings I would just love to stay in bed. That is not how life works. Sooner or later you have to get up or the cops will be knocking on your door to make sure rigor mortis hasn't set in. I surprise myself at my resilience during the tough times. What other people consider a complete test of endurance, is just something to weather. When you lose your mother at a young age after settling in a new country and a new life for only six months, everything else is cake. I owe it to the universe to be alive.
  2. I have a loving support band...My family and friends are always just a call away for strength and support. They usually call me first when I hit a crisis mode because they know I will hesitate to be the one call first. I've raised myself to be very independent that it is hard to relax sometimes to let other help, but when I see that it makes them happy to help me, I cave in. They love me and I have to let them express that love.
  3. I am extremely creative...I have a good eye for things. Maybe that comes with growing up without television for a period of my life (too many break ins). The veins in which it shows can be seen through my writing, my decorating, make-up artistry, my artwork, my cooking, gift wrapping, event planning, people skills, and how I resolve problems. I can be given one thing to think about and come up a with a dozen things about it five minutes later. My mind is at the speed of light, I'd like to think. I am hardly ever bored.
  4. I have a knack of making people see beyond their current selves...Living in several places and having several jobs has afforded me the opportunity to touch many lives. I have a unique perspective on things and I know the influence I have wielded in several people. To help them realize that they are more than what they are. I help them recognize their strengths and talents. My encouragement gives them the strength to persevere and (the best part) try new things!
  5. I am a talented cook...I listed this separately because it is important to me and I consider it a big positive in my life. The whole process of conceiving a recipe or reading one, going to shop for it, cooking all the ingredients, plating the meal and finally serving the finally product are very meditative for me. I collect recipes from other people because I get the stories with it that helps me remember them. Food is one of the simplest ways to connect with people even strangers. I also love to teach what I know and I have had many instances whether one-on-one or in a classroom setting. Still simmering the idea of becoming a cooking host for a show. Damn, I can't wait for that idea to boil. You know what they say about a watched pot...
  6. I am true to myself...There are a few things I would love to change about myself, but for the most part I do really like me. I don't want anyone else's face, but the body of Angelina Jolie would be nice. Ha! I strive to be an original and not copy others.
    I am my own brand of person to everyone. I have my own "isms" that people who know me recite back to me. I rarely follow a crowd. To me, other people have that covered so I don't have to. I carry a brass set so the meek need not apply. I may be swimming upstream most of the time, but the sites are better seen at the slower speed as you pass them by.
  7. I giggle a lot...My sense of humor is out of control. Most of the jokes I know are either naughty or downright filthy. I love to make others laugh especially during more somber moments. My friend Trish from San Francisco calls me "her giggle friend" and she rings me when she needs a fix. I can find the humor in anything or anyone. My giggle is infectious. There is a video somewhere in this blog where I am giggling almost the whole time. This is a special gift I have...or maybe the straight jacket is around the corner. Who knows? (giggling)

...And for those who are not up on all this goodness, please visit this site.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

badgerdaddy said...

Word!

Ooooh, great wv: xlzzz