Monday, February 04, 2008

Update....Urgent Care Visit

The familiar ache woke me up every two hours before I succumbed to getting the day started by walking my doggie. IM'ed with Tawny giving her update while she was at work. I could hear my phone ring after my shower. It was Tawny's husband Jeff calling to find out how I was doing and to inform me that he was picking me up in 15 minutes. I told him I would drive myself; he iterated that he would pick me up.

This experience with Jeff was a more somber one whereas Tawny kept making me laugh last night. Pain shot through my abdomen. She would stop and the next thing would be funnier than the other. My eyes welled up...

My experience at the Urgent Care Clinic was much more pleasant and calming than the E/R hours before. The doctor was guessing based on my symptoms. He barely looked at me under my clothes. I was dressed very un-AGOLlike as captured in the pic below looking at those old ugly baggy pants covering my shoes while I sat on the exam table. (I am teasing, but I did wear sexy undies for the man. Being an AGOL is a 24/7 job.) He said that if symptoms persist, I am to go directly to an emergency room. Two prescriptions later for two different symptoms, Jeff took me home so I could get it filled.

I don't want to describe further the nature of my maladies. Suffice it to say that for now, I will be okay. I share a lot, but this one I would like to keep.

Decided to get the scripts filled at Costco near my aunt's so I could visit her and give her an update at the same time. Called my boss to give updates. Later Angie called me from work and got the updated info. Rob (the Terrier) grilled me on my symptoms and prescriptions even sending me links on IM to get me to understand where the doctor may be going with his selection of meds and extracted a promise to see an internist as soon as possible. We have Open Enrollment for benefits again this week so hopefully, their new list of internists is more promising than last year. I'd better find someone or several peeps will hound me to the ends of the earth.

My exam room and my prescriptions with warning labels. Which is worse - the symptoms or the side effects? Yes, I agree. It is a toss-up.


The rest of my day is gone...evening now. Wrapping this up to get myself some rest and more meds. A very big THANK YOU to Tawny & Jeff for shuffling this achy AGOL around and a thanks to all who called, IM'ed, texted and e-mailed me with their concerns and well wishes. I cherish you all!!
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: