Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Day...Still Lovely

"Loving can cost a lot but not loving always costs more, and those who fear to love often find that want of love is an emptiness that robs the joy from life."

- Merle Shain


My own love well is still flowing despite not having an extra special person to share this day. By my sharing a bit of kindness, I received back a lot of appreciation. The first order of business today was to deliver my goodies to the people earmarked for them. Wonder and delight were what I saw in my recipients' eyes as they realized they were being delivered something or when they saw the pink and red packages on their desk as they arrived. I received several e-mails saying it had made their day.

My boss bought my breakfast downstairs for part of his Valentine's gesture; he also brought us ladies chocolate. They were serving waffles at the cafe! Ate one greedily at my desk I was so excited...Jeff took Tawny, Susan and me for a Valentine's lunch at a Thai restaurant. Green Curry Chicken warmed my tastebuds. I love flavor explosions in my mouth. Who the heck wants to eat a hamburger when they can have exotic Thai spices? I tempered the heat with sips of iced Thai tea...

Before I forget: The following image was a lucky find on our grounds at the apartment complex. It was an accidental shape created from the tree trimmers grooming back the palm trees. I noticed this forgotten piece of rubbish when I walked Cabal a couple of months ago. You know how my life goes...little gifts from the universe where I least expect them. Kathy has asked me to post it because she found it really interesting. I am showing you what the back and front look like. There are a ton of unsaid metaphors here, but I'll let you draw your own.



My evening was solitary with the exception of Myrna and Ty doing a drive-by pick-up of their Valentine's goodies. I received another beautiful dragonfly pin from them. A few text messages blipped on my phone wishing a Happy Valentine's and Cabal was extra sweet...

Two and a half hours of sleep was all I had last night because I was busy baking the chocolate chip cookies and losing time doing stupid stuff. Needless to say, I was ready to crash by 10pm. My new cocoon welcomed me nicely.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: