Monday, February 11, 2008

Electric Cocoon

Monday morning brought good mood vibes. Found myself singing along to songs on the way to work. My vibes dimmed a bit when I found out that Bridget called in sick today. So much for me getting a good start on my project. Sigh. From there I immersed myself in work and tried not to become visibly annoyed with my boss who kept bugging me all day...

As I waited for the garage elevators to close, I noticed an insect had flown in. I couldn't make it out at first until I saw its form silhouetted against the dimming sun before the elevator doors closed. To my delight, it was a very small needle-like black dragonfly. I haven't seen a dragonfly since late summer. Immediately elated, I watched it fly around me before settling near my leg on the wall. I made sure to shoo it out before I left. It was nice enough to visit me; the least I could do was make sure it didn't expire within the confines of the elevator...

When it was time to wind down at home, I wrote out 24 Valentine's cards for Thursday. I finished putting together my candy and chocolate goodie bags from the stuff I bought yesterday. These are always fun for me and take no time to put together. I was able to embellish some with stuff I already had around. Personalizing things just makes your gift giving that much more meaningful so I made sure to write out people's names and have them know that I thought about them ahead of time and not just handing out goodies because they were there when I came around. Check out the pics on Valentine's Day.

Something surprising has occured. I was able to achieve deep sleep last evening thanks to my new electric blanket I purchased yesterday. Don't you just hate climbing in between cold sheets? I do and caved in by slipping my new electric blanket in between my top sheet and comforter. About a half hour before I went to bed, I turned it on to warm my bed. This was the best idea ever! I fell into deep sleep quickly and I felt cocooned by the warmth. Wow. I did the same thing tonight. Can't wait!
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: