Friday, February 22, 2008

Hello...Again

Hello Hello Hello. It's been bit crazy and not all attributed to my washing my cell phone. Not blogging everyday was depressing, but couldn't be helped. My new magenta coloured cell phone arrived on Wednesday and I didn't have to change my phone number. (Long story.) My SIM Card was able to be salvaged from the wash and most of my phone numbers were still on the card. Trauma factor was lessened.

I left the protective film on the keypad. Let's see how long that lasts. Lookee -- isn't she pretty?


I learned some things about what I've taken for granted while waiting for my cell phone to arrive. Things like I couldn't conveniently dial my Chinese restaurant on the way home for take away or my morning alarm clock was gone. I had use a travel alarm clock and the digital alarm clocks by my bed. Didn't realize just how much I would pick up the phone and call on the way to work or on the way home to various friends for a quick catch up. The text messaging -- I can't even begin to tell you about that.

(Side note: Tawny was in Atlanta for work this week. Some things went awry while she was gone and I blamed her for the bad juju. She is not allowed to leave Tampa...ever. LOL)

My group is moving to the other corporate building which made Bridget and me extra busy with preparations. The cabin fever resulting from being cooped up at work begged for some relief. Today I had a serious craving for some calamari and decided that I would take myself out to lunch solo. I mentioned this to Bridget who asked if I wanted some company. An hour later I drove us to my favorite restaurant Maggiano's.

Bridget and I split everything: Calamari, Maggiano's Chopped Salad and Lump Crab Sandwich but we each had our own desserts. Yeah...we were deviating from our healthy program just a little. I sent Rob a pic of our desserts from my cell phone. He sent back his lunch of turkey, wilted spinach and carrots which he ate after running nine miles during his lunch hour. Personally, the gals had a better time. Too bad we couldn't incorporate martinis into our lunch. (That's for next Thursday at Happy Hour.) We were girls behaving badly during our meal; unfortunately, it was back to the salt mines in the afternoon for us gals.

Bridget devoured her Creme Brulee.


I took home most of my evil Chocolate Zuccoto Cake. Bridget took two bites and remarked how it was "just wrong" meaning it was too sinful.



I may have taken my AGOL heart thing a little too far. The pic below is of the removable tag on my printer for the move. Bright pink highlighter somehow found its way in my hand and onto the label. Hee.



Found out last minute that I could draw a quick map of how I want my new cube configured with my two monitors, docking station, accessories and printer. My hasty drawing below.




The sweetest thing about moving was the offers for lunch. I was baffled. It wasn't like I was leaving the company just the building. "But Sarah, you will over there not here." Ohmigosh -- the hugs during the week. It was like achieving some kind of office rock star status. Baffling. The new building is about a 3/4 mile up the road. Bridget and I will be visiting frequently just to escape the new building. I declined the offers for lunch, but offered my instant messaging address to those who didn't have it already.

Left early today without fanfare because I didn't want to make a big deal out of it. I was physically and mentally exhausted. Home was my most important destination. Let's just hope I remember to drive to the other building on Monday morning.

(Oh, good news -- Tawny is back in Florida. I felt a disturbance in The Force and received the confirming text message. I know it's gonna be all better now...)
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Please make sure you tell the powers that be that I'm needed and can't be dragged away for business conferences. :)