Thursday, February 28, 2008

Behaving Badly

How bad can your day be when you log into work and one of your very best friends (Tawny) asks you via IM when you can leave for happy hour? Not really bad in the sense of being horrible, but in the naughty sense when you should be getting work done.

Had a two hour meeting with a vendor before lunch that occupied me and kept me good. I am lying. It is rare for me to see men in suits in the age of casual fare let alone a shirt with French cuffs. I have a weakness for French cuffs; this man's cuff links were winking at me from across the conference table every time he moved his hands. Dammit. It didn't help that a different sexy man (not the one from Sunday) was sending me teasing pics on my cell during the meeting.

A lunch run downstairs should have been innocuous. Not with Bridget. We were piling on our salads from the salad bar when Bridget started to get a little mental. Stifling our laughter while trying to scoop vegetables was a challenge. We were the recipients of some curious looks. Like we cared...

Your AGOL became the heroine who rescued coffee enjoyment in the break room. My facilities contact from the other building was generous enough to bring and leave me the flavored coffee I had requested the day before (Almond Amaretto, Pecan Praline and Chocolate Raspberry) on my desk. This location never had those choices. Pity. Bridget and I bemoaned the lack out loud our first day. We're so rude. One guy came around the AGOL's Luau Lounge (read as tacky Hawaiian decorated cubicle) and thanked me personally for making it happen. The flavors will now be a part of the regular order placed for this facility. Yeah, baby!

At 5pm, Bridget and I bolted for the Blue Martini to meet a few of our friends. It was great to see Tawny and Jeff. Working in the new building has us missing them and a few others. The martinis went straight to our heads. We ordered some food to counteract the alcohol. Bridget became a little outrageous by screaming and gesturing as well as dancing with total strangers near our tables. Everyone loved the spectacle; she was having a great time. I had Tawny and Susan from our table double-check on Bridget when she hadn't come back from the restroom in a reasonable amount of time. She was busy talking to two very handsome men. It was a well-deserved night out for Bridget. The atmosphere allowed her to be surrounded by more professional men or higher caliber of men. Her own relationship was teetering lately.

Just a few peeps of my peeps.


Headed home around 8-ish and WITH a trip to Starbucks to get caffeine for the ride home. I called Angie to keep me company on the highway for several minutes...Lisa called when I came home. It's been a while since I have really spoken with her and now that I am in the other building, we will have to make a concerted effort in the future.

Gosh. I'm tired -- it takes a great amount of energy to behave badly. Who knew?
.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: