Friday, February 01, 2008

Car Blues...Again

Tawny had warned me that she wasn't good company before we went to lunch. She didn't have time to tell me because my car wouldn't start. Great. Just bloody great. It wasn't the battery because the lights came on. Well...I knew what my afternoon would be like then. We ate lunch downstairs at our building. It was not what I wanted at all. Sigh.

Gave my boss the bad news and Bridget who would have to pick up my slack while I got myself squared away. My boss kept offering to drive me at the shop and/or to my home so I wouldn't have to wait for hours at the shop. I teased him that he was just trying to go home early.

I called my motor club to get a tow truck. My car was parked on the 4th floor and I wasn't sure of the height clearance with the tow truck. Twenty minutes later I received a call from the motor club, the tow truck was in front of my car. How the heck did he manage that?! We have a guard. A guard who apparently had chased him in his golf cart around the garage. HAAHHAHHHA. The driver was laughing. The guard did not think it was too amusing chasing an unauthorized vehicle in the garage. I thought it was funny especially since it broke his routine of being on the cell phone and driving around lazily. Ooh, the tale of the chase he will now be able to tell!

More minutes later after driving on the highway, we were at my car shop where I was last Saturday for the screw in my tire. They examined it and had me look at what was wrong. I am sure Mechanic Swahili was being spoken. I saw parts in oil and something cracked. My sense of humor came out and I ended up flirting with the guys. (Yes, Tawny -- I know the flirting part is never a surprise.) Does it make a difference when the bad news ($532!!) was delivered by a man who has one of the prettiest set of cobalt blue eyes you've ever seen? He took some money off at $60 or 16% off the original bill. God bless America -- I was still recovering from the $750 spend the day after Christmas. Fired up my laptop, surfed and instant messaged until the battery died. No convenient plugs with the exception of where my cell phone adapter was already plugged in. Rob called on his way home and we kibitzed about stuff until my car was ready.

On my way home, I called Myrna to check on how her new job was going and they've already offered her a permanent position after one week. I shared my car woes and she said that she had to take me out and cheer me up. We met up at some place but went to another place I wanted to revisit. We had a great time. She ordered something to take home to her husband who had just come home after a long day.

In the middle of my checking e-mail messages, I received a call that Tawny was going to do a drive-by drop off of box of hot cocoa from a wholesale store. If I don't see her tomorrow, I will definitely see her at the Superbowl Party on Sunday. The cocoa came just in time -- the weather was getting cooler tonight.

Reflecting on today as I drink my hot cocoa: While I got to let go of some hard earned cash, I am blessed that I didn't have any accidents on the highway. My car woes have always happened in a safe environment. Blessings not blues are what I need to think about.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: