Sunday, February 03, 2008

Can No Longer Be Ignored

What I haven't reported is that I have been suffering from abdominal pain the past four of days, Friday being the worst day. You know how my Friday went, too. Driving my car over the speed bumps in the garage brought sharp pains that morning. I had agreed with a couple of my girlfriends that I would go to the doctor if it persisted. As a rule, I despise going to the doctor. The environment just has bad memories for me and I don't like the vibes in the hospitals or doctor's offices. I have a great health insurance plan which I pay every pay period, but I barely use it unless I have to. Luckily, I am also rarely sick or so I thought.

In the middle of taking notes down from Google map for the Super Bowl party I was invited to tonight, I experienced sharper pains than I had from Friday that took my breath away. I guess that was a sign to call Tawny's husband (his cell is louder) and let him know that I wouldn't be making it after all. This pissed me off so badly - I looked in the mirror and saw someone who was dressed and ready to go with her brows furrowed. Tawny texted me, but before I could reply back, she called me. Jeff was already taking the day off tomorrow and he could take me to Urgent Care (takes our insurance!) if I wanted to wait until then or they could take me sooner. I opted to wait until tomorrow.

Found myself driving to the closest Asian store to get some comfort food. On the way, I tried to call Angie in LA but she wasn't at home and her cell went straight to voicemail. So much for stalling. I took a deep breath and dialed my aunt's house and told her the events in the last several days. She was very concerned, offered help and would call me tomorrow regardless if I call back to check on me. It is rare I am sick so this is a bit worrisome.

This is bad to say that if Tawny hadn't pushed it, I would probably delay my doctor visit more. I am more afraid of her resorting to dialing 911 for the ambulance to come than facing the pain. How strange is that? She cares very much that great friend of mine. Let's cross our fingers and see what the doctor says.


..............
Side note: Two of my buddies on facebook suggested I get a new vehicle as a response on Friday's status report. I saw this and bookmarked it just in case.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: