Saturday, February 09, 2008

27 Dresses

One thing about me is that I am not often spontaneous when it comes to making plans. I think it is a comfort thing because I have to know what is expected and what I need to do in order to prepare for an outing or an event ahead of time. This morning was not one of those moments.

Called up Myrna to ask her if she would like to go to lunch and a movie today. She was getting ready to go and run errands but she was thrilled at my ideas and we could do her errands after. She has never been to Wright's Deli and that is exactly where we had a scrumptious lunch. Myrna chose half a tuna sandwich and a cup of tomato bisque soup which she enjoyed immensely. Had my regular Bahama Baby grilled sandwich of pork, jarlsberg cheese, cucumber and some other stuff in an onion roll. We split a slice of chocolate cake. Mmmmmm...divine!

Next on our agenda was the new chick flick 27 Dresses with Katherine Heigl. Jane has made it her life to help brides on their special day and yet never marrying herself. (Jeezus, did this sound familiar!) A wedding columnist/reporter (James Marsden) discovers her going back and forth to two weddings in one night and eventually does a story on her. She ends up divulging her secret treasures of the 27 dresses of varying hideousness she has collected over the years of being a bridesmaid. Of course, they fall in love in a madcap way with an episode of them singing Elton John's Bennie and the Jets in an obscure bar. (Guess who was hooked on this song for a few days?) That is a high point view, you really have to watch this cute flick to get the rest about her sister falling in love with the man Jane has had a crush on forever...her boss!



We stopped at Sam's Club to get something for her husband. I like to go meander in every aisle and I found this large salad spinner at a reasonable price. Suspend your disbelief -- I didn't have one before today! I've bought them as gifts, but never for myself. With this model, you can serve in the plastic bowl after spinning your greens and also use the basket as a defrosting basket which allows the discarded water to drip into the bowl.

Sprinkles' New
Salad Spinner


Myrna dropped me off late in the afternoon. I snapped the pic below before deciding to drive to my aunt's house to return something I had borrowed earlier in the week.



Enjoyed dinner with my aunt, uncle and Nan before tiredly going home. My mind was stuck on the fact that she's got electric boots a mohair suit...you know I read it in a magazine...Bennie and the Jets.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: