Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Sound and Vision

Is there a better way to drive to work with a little vintage Bowie blasting through your car speakers? No, I think not. Blue, blue, electric blue...

Sitting at my desk felt alien. I quickly ate breakfast and caught up with Bridget and my boss before attending our benefits meeting. Oooh - surprise - our healthcare costs went up! The crazy part is that they start out prepping you by giving you a song and dance about the percentage of employers who do not offer their employees benefits and examples of the rising cost in healthcare. All this before you see the increases and changes projected on the giant screen. Fuck - give me a break - our software company is traded on the London Exchange for crissakes! We are not a mom and pop shop. Yes, you are getting a pile crap, but it is a only a small pile. Isn't that great, Miss AGOL? I think I need to find my fountain of gratitude somewhere.

Anthony drove Bridget, Dan and me to Crazy Buffet for lunch. It tasted lackluster. Maybe it is the meds I am taking tainting my tastebuds? We have too much fun during these unholy gatherings. It cheered me after the benefits meeting though.

My team meeting is on Wednesdays at 2:30pm and every week it seems as though it comes at the most inconvenient time...like when you're buried in work! Boss kept it short and I didn't fall asleep. Good times.

I have been craving pineapple lately. It must be the bromelain (enzymes) in it. Tonight I finally bought one. I don't know how you check to see if the whole pineapple is ripe, but I smell the bottom portion. If you can smell the sweet fragrance of pineapple then it is ripe and ready to be eaten. Felt conspicuous doing this in the produce aisle, but I was determined to get one which I will prepare tomorrow evening.

Not much to report. There were a few times I felt pain throughout the day and a couple more this evening, but I am hoping it all goes away by the time the meds are consumed. I do not relish a trip to the emergency room or any further poking and prodding from people still practicing their vocation. Sigh.

I will sit right down, waiting for the gift of sound and vision...And I will sing, waiting for the gift of sound and vision
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hoping the meds & vibes kick in and you start feeling better soon!