Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Opa!

Been seriously jonesing for Greek food and tonight I was able to share my passion for it with one of my best gal pals, Kathy. She picked me up and we drove not too far at this new place called Acropolis Taverna. The atmosphere was hip yet comfortable, the wait staff helpful and friendly, and the food divine.

Kathy had a heavy day programming for her job at a credit union and her mental escape was "going to the Greek Isles". She was probably looking more forward to the meal than I did.

My day was buried in one of my projects and the looming move from our current building to the new one. Nothing exciting...

Kathy and I started out with Saganaki (or Cheese Flambe). I carefully watched the extinguishing of the flames. Didn't want my hair catching fire thanks to the shellac application of hairspray. (How do you think it stays perfect all day?) I was afraid of turning myself into a demented rendition of a troll doll. It could happen!

Dolmas
(stuffed grape leaves) were not on the menu, but I could order some as an appetizer offering which I did and included an appetizer size slice of Spinach Pie. Okay, it came to our table as dinner size! Kathy happily dove into it in between bites of her own entree of Falafel. I brought most of my dinner home. My sights were on finishing the meal with some bites of Baklava that Kathy happily shared. Everything was delicious! This place gets 5 out of 5 AGOL Smooches Rating and gets marked on the approved list.

Spanakopita (Spinach Pie) and Dolmas :


We made a couple of last minute Valentine's stops to get brown sugar for the chocolate chip cookies I was making tonight and Kathy for some candy her boyfriend liked. She dropped me off so I could finish up my Valentine's insanity, erm..preparations.


AGOL Fun Fact: My Favorite Cheese is Feta Cheese! I can eat it plain or drizzled with red wine vinegar, cold pressed olive oil and sprinkling of fresh oregano.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: