Friday, April 25, 2008

Outside Forces

Two out of three ain't bad, right? I stayed home today as a vacation day. My plans were to see my aunt and then see my cousin and her twins to wish them all bon voyage on their trip to the Philippines for three weeks. I would also later go with Tawny and Jeff to an art show/performance art downtown.

My aunt called me to let me know we would be having dinner at a Chinese restaurant with her grand babies and to be at her house by 4pm instead of 3pm. We were meeting for dinner an hour later at 5pm across town. I contacted my cousin Ida only to leave her a voice mail to contact me back which she didn't until I was set to leave for my aunt's home. I wouldn't get to see her and the kids until after they got back. Sigh.

To further make my timing interesting, Tawny called to let me know that she and Jeff would be picking me up at earlier 8pm instead of 9pm because our friend John wanted to buy me a drink at a particular bar before our artful evening. While flattered, it made my timing to go to dinner with my family and drive across different parts of town challenging. I ended up calling Tawny on my way home from my aunt's to make it 8:15pm which would give me some time to freshen up.

We picked up John at his and his husband's home and then three of us were dropped off near the bar John wanted to have a drink. Jeff went on ahead to the venue a few blocks down as he was helping with the lighting. What greeted us at the bar was gay country line dancing. Fabulously fabulous. Ha! Two tasty drinks each and we were buzzing on the way to the venue which was an empty building built out with walls for art and a stage for music and plays.

We began to appreciate the art inside while being naughty about our comments. John is a good looking man with his Arab look and tonight he surprised Tawny by witnessing him move my hair away from my face and move behind me to lightly kiss my neck. Mind you he is married to a handsome man whom he says thinks I am the greatest thing since sliced bread. I didn't think anything of the kiss. Gay men have played with me ever since high school. I am extremely feminine and wear the power of my sexuality well in my mannerisms and my conversations. They tend to be attracted to what my cousin Angie calls being "Jessica Rabbit". To them, I am almost a caricature of all things feminine...

We were entertained by a live body casting performed by one of the artists as seen below:



After the plaster cast was stable enough to be taken off the volunteer, we sat through a live band. John and I were getting antsy because our buzz was disappearing. The libations offered would not have mixed well with the mixed drinks from the bar previous and goddess knows we could have used the hazy veil as we sat through the last evening of this crazy play/free form performance art. Jeff and Tawny urged us to leave very quickly at the end of it.

Next stop was a pub featuring karaoke and drinks not worth the dollars spent. We drank quickly and moved back to the gay bar. Had a much better drink at this joint. I noticed that some of the boys were getting frisky with each other in the patio area. These guys were gorgeous and it was hot. As Tawny says, "Sexy is sexy." No time to be voyeurs as we all had obligations later in the morning.

We dropped John back at home and Jeff drove us back home with one stop at a gas station. I bought a bottled Starbucks frappucino for the morning... It was already 1:30am Saturday when I walked Cabal and noticed that I was a little drunk. I drank some water with a liquid ibuprofen gel, double-checked my outfit for my walk with Kristey at 7:30am and went to blissful sleep.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: